Edited to add: Unbeknownst to us, I was two weeks pregnant at the time.
From Egypt to The Promise Land
Years ago, as The Mister struggled with some personal issues, I would remind him that God doesn't deliver us from Egypt and then leave us in the wilderness. He does not save us and then abandon us. He never begins something in us just to leave it undone. It was hard for The Mister to believe this at the time; it still is some days. But today, as we completed a day's work in our Bible study and I was in tears, frustrated with where we're at, he repeated these words back to me. The significance of that was not lost on me, even as I found it hard to firmly grasp hold of the truth he was telling me. I was overcome with gratefulness for my husband, who struggled with so much doubt over so many things, and who was now standing firm in his faith for me. Our wise mentors in Germany had told us that there are rarely two strong people in a marriage at any given time. For quite a few years, I was the strong one. Lately, Nathan has been the strong one.
Edited to add: Unbeknownst to us, I was two weeks pregnant at the time.
Edited to add: Unbeknownst to us, I was two weeks pregnant at the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment